The Grand Budapest Hotel is a comedy written and directed by Wes Anderson. It stars Ralph Fiennes as Gustave, a concierge who teams up with one of his employees to prove his innocence after he is framed for murder.
This cocktail is named after the painting Gustave steals after Madame D’s death. Grand Budapest Hotel is set in the fictional town of Zubrowka, a popular European Ski resort, so this is an apple/ski inspired “apple cider cocktail.”
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Yield: Serves 6
- 30 oz of unfiltered apple juice
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 6 oz. Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka (optional)
- Apple pie spiced sugar rim
- 6 dried apple rings for garnish
- Start with apple juice in a pan with whole cloves, cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Once the juice has cooled, add 5 oz of the mixture and 1 oz. of vanilla vodka (optional) to an ice shaker.
- Shake and strain into apple pie spiced sugar rimmed 8 oz martini glass and garnish with a dried apple ring.